Just bein’ silly. I’m up way too late. :-p
I finished the house that was requested by bombshellxoxosims and have uploaded it for anyone who wants it! You can see the work-in-progress pic and the original inspiration pic here.
This is a contemporary Craftsman-style house with a suburban feel. It’s actually fairly spacious (most of the time when I build houses that have “real life” proportions, they end up a bit cramped!) with four bedrooms and three bathrooms. There’s even a little den/study. Aside from the master suite, the bedrooms are currently decorated for two children and a baby or toddler, but feel free to redecorate as you see fit! That goes for the rest of the house, too. :) (It wasn’t a requirement for me to furnish it, but I find it easier to decide where to place walls and such if I place furniture. So it was kind of a quick job, but there you go.)
- Lot size: 40 x 40 (a bit large, but I wanted to give people room to expand, set up a garden, etc.)
- Patch 1.63
- EPs: Ambitions, Pets, Seasons, University Life
DOWNLOAD Package file (put in Sims 3/Library folder)
Anonymous: Hi Jenba!! I have a problem, when I enter the game I have a current game in Evansdale County ,a custom world, and it works. But then if I try to start a new game, it stars loading, but suddenly it tells me that the sims 3 stopped working. Do you know what can I do??
Are you trying to start a new game in Evansdale County? If not, what world are you trying to load? Does it happen even if you start a new game in Sunset Valley?
Just asking some questions to try to help troubleshoot. :)
This is a work-in-progress request from bombshellxoxosims. The bottom pic is the house she sent me to use as inspiration. I feel like mine looks a bit plain without the lovely brackets and shutters on the original house, but I couldn’t quite make either of them work.
I just have to finish landscaping, then playtest the house a little, take pics, etc. Then I’ll have to put requests on hold, I’m afraid, at least until the holidays are over. I have a bunch of stuff I want to get done in the next couple of weeks, plus I’m sure once Roaring Heights is out, I’ll be playing the crap out of it.
Hope everyone is having fun with their games! I haven’t been able to keep up with Tumblr much lately, but I hope to catch up soon.
cyberqueen13: post/65669840489/a-work-in-progress-traditional-cape-cod-it-was (Could you please tell me where you got the fern plant and the yellowing bush in this pic plz) thx.
The fern plant is from this set by Simply Styling, and the yellowing bush is from the Into the Future EP. :)
(re: this post)
This is my attempt at building a non-rabbithole version of the Flying V’s Coffeehouse from Showtime. I posted some pics of it ages ago, and Jettschae kindly requested that I share the lot. I’m sorry it took this long, Jettschae, but here it is! :)
Since I had moved the old lot around a bit and it had lost its original lot size, I rebuilt it from scratch. The lot size is 20x34, which is the original lot size of the coffeehouse in Starlight Shores. (If you would like to place it on a 20x34 so you don’t have extra space to fill, I recommend using velocitygrass’s Add Any Lot Size mod - it’s super easy to use). These pics are from Lucky Palms, but I did check to make sure the lot fits in Starlight Shores as well.
A few notes about this lot:
- The lot type is “Coffeehouse” so that it can still function as a performance venue for Showtime careers. It also has the stage and audience markers.
- A proprietor will be generated by the game and hang around the lot. However, they may not be “on the job” right away - in my game it took about 24 Sim hours for them to be available for auditions (you can see Wesley, my Elvis impersonator, auditioning in the second-to-last pic above).
- It really is just a coffeehouse - the only refreshments available are from the hot beverage machine. But feel free to customize this however you want - add a barista bar, an ice cream or sno-cone machine, or try the Business as Usual set (or better yet, Ani’s improved version) and set it up like a real diner.
- The front doors look cool but they don’t appear to have any animations - Sims just walk right through them. If that bugs you, you may want to replace them!
Please let me know if you have any questions about the lot or if something doesn’t work right!
- Lot size: 20 x 34
- Patch: 1.63
- EPs: Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, University Life
- SPs: Fast Lane, High End Loft
Required Store Items
DOWNLOAD Package file (put in Sims 3/Library folder)
Ran into a few glitches with playtesting last night, so I need to try a few things today, but I have to finish some other stuff first (darnit).
Since I rebuilt it from scratch, it doesn’t look exactly the same as my original Flying V’s Coffeehouse, but I hope you guys will like it.
Playtesting my Flying V’s Coffeehouse…if all goes well, I might be able to get this puppy uploaded tonight. *crosses fingers and toes*
Around the Sims 3 | Ikea Advent Calendar
So, here we go! After
weeks months of work on this, it’s almost time to open a new Advent calendar! *happy dance*
From the 1st of December to the 24th, you’ll find a new object, directly inspired from IKEA catalogs, that will be available to download during 24 hours. At midnight (at *your* midnight), it’s replaced by another gift. Don’t worry if you miss one, all the gifts will be available again from the 25th of December. :)
Waiting for the opening of the Advent calendar, here’s one for your Simmies, that you can hold on walls, and that works like a chest, so you can store inventory stuff in.
See you on the 1st of December! ;)
This is so wonderful, Sandy! You really spoil us. I can’t wait to see all of the lovely things you’ve meshed! ♥